Before you start, you need to meet the following requirements:
To use the Amazon S3 console to create a batch operations job to initiate a restore, follow these steps:
1. Open the Amazon S3 console.
2. From the navigation pane, select Batch operations .
3. Select Create job .
4. For Region , select the AWS Region where you want to create the job.
5. For Choose manifest , type: Under Manifest format , select S3 Inventory Report or CSV as the file format. For Path to manifest object , enter the S3 path to the manifest file. (For example, the S3 path would be something like "s3: //awsexamplebucket/manifest.csv".)
6. Select Next .
7. For Choose operation , type: For Operation , select Restore . For Restore source , select Glacier or Glacier Deep Archive . For Number of days that the restored copy is available , enter the number of days for your use case. For Restore tier , select Bulk retrieval or Standard retrieval . For more information on each tier, see Archive Acquisition Options.
Note: To get only objects of the S3 Glacier storage class faster, use the create-job CLI command to specify a quick restore hierarchy. Rapid capture levels are not supported for S3 batch operations.
8. Select Next .
9. Under Configure additional options , type: In Description , you can also enter a description for the job. Alternatively, you can leave this field blank. For Priority , enter a number that indicates the priority of the job. You can leave this option selected in the Generate completion report . For Completion report scope , select Failed tasks only or All tasks , depending on your use case. For Path to completion report destination , enter the path to which the report will be sent. Under Permissions , select Select from existing IAM role . Then select the IAM role that you have permission to initiate the restore and that has a trust policy in your S3 batch operation.
10. Select Next .
11. On the Review page, review the job details. Then select Create job .
12. When you create a job, the status of the job changes from New to Preparing . Then the status changes to Awaiting your confirmation . To run the job, you need to select the job and select Confirm and run . The job will not run until you confirm it.
13. If you select Generate completion report , you can review the report after the job is complete. The report can be found in the path to which the specified completion report is sent .
See Job Status for a description of each job status. For more information on failed jobs, see Tracking Job Failures.